Gil Zvulony in the News
Toronto Internet Lawyer
Regularly comments on legal issues involving technology, social media, and the internet
Media Appearances and Requests
About Gil Zvulony
Mr. Zvulony is the “go to” guy when it comes to technology and the law. He has given his expert opinion in the media on numerous occasions. His expert opinion on proposed Cyber-bullying legislation was even cited by Canada’s Justice Minister. Mr. Zvulony regularly appears on television, radio and print, to comment on legal issues concerning technology and the internet. Some media and speaking appearances:
- CRTC seeks speedier broadband access for all
- Featured in a story by Yahoo Canada on potential repercussions for illegally downloading television shows.
- Featured in a story by Global News about online reviews and getting sued for defamation
- Spoke on the policing of YouTube for violent and threatening behaviour to the national media.
- Panelist at Telematics Canada Conference 2014 and 2015
- Discussed ‘What Not to Say on Social Media” with City News
- Spoke with Kevin Newman Live about Criminal Harassment on Twitter
- Discussed Criminal Harassment on Twitter on CBC Metro Morning
- Appeared in the national media regarding the laying of obscenity/corrupting morals charges against a website owner
- Appeared on The Inside Story with Avery Haines with respect to the legality of internet cat-fishing.
- Spoke to the CBC on the problems of internet defamation and getting defamatory websites removed from search engines.
- Commented in the media regarding the Rob Ford/Sarah Thomson dispute
- Presented a seminar on Web Advertising and the Law for the Canadian Institute Presentation to lawyers on using technology to communicate effectively.
- Appeared on CFRB 1010 and spoke with Jim Richards regarding the trial of Foulidis v Ford
- Appeared on in the national and international media to discuss Online Obscenity and Webmaster Liability
- Quoted in various media regarding Revenge Sites and Reputation Management
- Was a guest on CFRB’s Mike Bullard Show to discuss the legal implications of lying on Facebook.
- Discussed the legalities of Cheaterville.com and cross border litigation of defamation lawsuits with Metro News
- Discussed some of the legal requirements for businesses to make their websites accessible to the disabled on itbusiness.ca
- Quoted by the Canadian Press in a story about privacy rights and photography
- Was a guest on CFRB’s Jerry Agar show and discussed the merits of the defamation law suit of George Foulidis vs Rob Ford.
- Appeared on CTV Southwestern Ontario discussing defamation on social networking site
- Appeared on Global News 16 x 9 in a piece about online revenge and internet defamation.
- Quoted in The Darker Side of Social Networking, a story about Facebook and Privacy
- Appeared on CBC’s The National to discuss the legal issues involved in new investigative powers given to the police to monitor internet communications.
- Appeared on CBC’s The National to discuss the legal issues involved in the Scrabulous Facebook application.
- Presented at seminar for The Canadian Institute on: Using the Internet to Find Information on a Debtor
- Appeared on CBC Radio’s Spark to discuss the legal issues involved in piggybacking on your neighbour’s wireless network. You can download the podcast here. Gil Zvulony appears ~12 minutes into the show.
- Appeared on CBC Newsworld to discuss privacy issues relating to making the National Sex Offender Registry available to the public.
- Profiled in a Law Times article about a precedent setting judgment obtained. See:Ontario Court Awards US$192 million American Judgment (pdf).
- City News discussed email privacy in the Workplace
- Law Times (pdf), discussed the law as it relates to cross border purchases
- Dose (pdf), discussed a Federal Court of Canada decision regarding peer to peer file sharing
- Wired Magazine discussed the law as it relates to photographs
- Court TV’s Legal Briefs discussed regulation of the internet
- City Online discussed privacy issues surrounding camera phones
- CH News discussed the legality of employers researching employees on social networking sites like myspace.com
- CBC Radio One discussed Canada’s copyright and trade-mark laws as it relates to the piracy of intellectual property owned by United States citizens
Gil Zvulony speaks about privacy, tracking devices, and Usage Based Auto Insurance
Toronto Internet Lawyer Gil Zvulony speaks about censorship and obscenity laws in Canada and how they apply online.
Gil Zvulony speaks to CITY TV about What not to say on Social Media.
Please use the form below if you would like to interview Gil Zvulony for a media appearance or speaking engagement.
(If you are interested in consulting with Gil Zvulony regarding a personal legal matter then please use the “consultations” form instead.)
Gil Zvulony speaks about privacy breaches in hospitals.
Gil Zvulony speaks about online defamation.
Gil Zvulony speaks about online review disputes.
Gil Zvulony speaks about rights in a photograph as they are shared through social media.
Gil Zvulony speaks about changes to Canadian Spam laws.
Gil Zvulony speaks to Dan Misener about Facebook legalese.